Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sunny+Wet Sunday


I've been waking up early on Sundays for the past two weeks in order to make it to the CSA pickup at the Swedenborgian church. This has given me a new appreciation for Sunday mornings. Today, I found out that this early wakeup means that I can make it to the farmer's market in time for an actual parking spot.

The smells at the farmer's market were amazing. I saw a Russian lady selling blinis, which is kind of exciting, she was charging an arm and a leg for them - my mom is in the wrong business.

This is my loot from the CSA this week:

- a bunch of curly carrots
- lettuce (greenleaf?)
- a big bunch of dill (who needs that much dill?)
- some sort of yummy pink apples
- chile peppers
- an onion
- persimmons
- dates
- baby spinach
- kale
- pretty, green mystery fruit (i am thinking it's cherimoya... hmm?)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Was your mystery fruit kind of scaly on the outside and white on the inside? That's a cherimoya.. I've really been wanting one, but they are seriously $7.99 (!) a pound at Vons. I wish there were better stores in Mira Mesa.. maybe I should check the asian markets for one.